APSCO is a non-profit association whose goal is informing and changing patients and societies’ mentality regarding cancer diagnosis, physical and mental rehabilitation of cancer patients, promoting and implementing their rights, psychosocial cancer care for patients and their families, as well as giving support to medical staff in order to provide complex and complete services which contribute to quality of life improvement. The founder of this initiative is Associate Professor with Habilitation Csaba L. Degi Ph.D., MSW who, in the past 20 years, carried out intense activity in research, development and promoting good practices in psychosocial cancer care services, acknowledged nationally and internationally.
1. Psychosocial cancer care should be recognised as a universal human right;
2. Quality cancer care must integrate the psychosocial domain into routine care;
3. Distress should be measured as the 6th Vital Sign after temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate and pain.
The IPOS Multilingual Core Curriculum in Romanian was officially launched with our full support and collaboration.
For personal 3.5% OF YOUR TAX donations CLICK HERE or use our direct bank account.
For company donations CLICK HERE or use our direct bank account.
The objectives falling under APSCO’s goal include:
- setting up groups of physical, mental rehabilitation and counseling/vocational (re)orientation for patients;
- organizing training (communication, research, and psychosocial intervention);
- credentials for medical and social services;
- contributing to the development of psychosocial care research in oncology by creating research programs and studies;
- promoting training and professional development for members of the association, organizing seminars, symposiums, conferences, meetings, debates and supporting the participation at similar manifestations carried out by other organizations;
- attracting financing from public, private and European funds;
- promoting collaborations in the scientific and professional fields with public institutions, foundations, and associations with similar activity nationally and abroad (for example, affiliation with the national network “Together for breast health”).
APSCO Association received approval for partnership with the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work of „Babeş-Bolyai” University, having in mind the following issues:
- contribution to the development of scientific and material support;
- promoting and sustaining education in the field of medical social work within the Faculty of Sociology and Social Work;
- providing the faculty’s students with a proper structure for carrying out volunteer activities and practices in the field of oncology-related social work and care;
- creating publications and scientific handbooks regarding the objectives within the association;
- enhancing the excellent status of the university in research.
APSCO was involved in the project for “Developing the College of Patients’ Association capacity to get involved in formulating and promoting alternatives to public health policies initiated by the Ministry of Health and the National Health Insurance House” in Romania. Implementation period: September 2018 – September 2019.
APSCO was an invited member of the VALUEMED project “Developing Public Health Policies through the Use of Health Technology Assessment Studies”, coordinated by the Romanian Academic Society, the National Authority for Quality of Health Management and the National Patient Protection Association. Implementation period: July 2018 – October 2019. Project co-funded by the European Social Fund through the Operational Capacity Program 2014-2020.
APSCO was an invited member of the CIVILNET project “A Civil Society Involved in the Health and Social Protection System”, implemented between 2 April 2018 and 1 August 2019, coordinated by the UNOPA Federation. The project is co-funded by the European Social Fund through the 2014-2020 Administrative Capacity Operational Program.
APSCO was a partner of the European project “Supporting people affected by cancer in their social and professional life – SPAC”.
APSCO represented cancer patients as an alternate member of the Ethics Committee at the Clinical Rehabilitation Hospital in Cluj-Napoca. HERE
APSCO represented cancer patients as a permanent member of the Ethics Committee at the Institute of Oncology “Prof. Dr. Al. Trestioreanu ” in Bucharest. HERE
Apply for membership HERE
ASOC PT SERVICII SI COMUNICARE IN ONCOLOGIE (APSCO)
Tax number (CIF): 33978407